The Arrow Leadership Programme is run by CPAS, an Anglican mission agency committed to developing leaders. Our founders’ vision was the ‘gospel to everyone’s door with the single aim to glorify God’. It is our conviction that leadership of healthy local churches is essential to the realisation of this vision. Arrow was founded by a Canadian in 1990 and established in the UK by CPAS in 1999. Arrow UK is part of a growing Alliance of countries who run Arrow. We are now in our twelfth year.
Arrow exists to develop Christian leaders for the Church of the twenty-first century:
- Leaders dependent on the grace of God, confident about who they are in Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit.
- Leaders clear about their unique call and consistent in living it out.
- Leaders serving the kingdom with personal lives modelled on the servant character of Jesus.
- Leaders passionate for and committed to evangelism.
- Leaders skilled and competent to lead organisations or churches at a time of great challenge and change.
Arrow is a programme aimed at life transformation. It is not merely another course or conference. It doesn’t simply add a few extra skills to the life of the leader, but considers the deeper issues of call and character. Over 18 months it provides an opportunity to grow through teaching, reflection, worship, interaction, application, accountability and fun. The main elements of the programme are:
- Four five-day residentials.
- A monthly meeting with a mentor
- Two meetings with other participants between each residential.
- Guided reading, reflection and project work (approximately three hours per week).
Arrow and The John James Charitable Trust
We are so grateful to The John James Charitable Trust for their continued support over six years of CPAS Arrow participants, and their partnership with us in the gospel. The award the trust makes helps those who, after a subsidy from CPAS and applications to their diocese, church and other trust funds, are still struggling to find the full cost of the programme. We know from their own feedback and that of their sending church, that the programme benefits not only the participants but also those they lead to be led more by Jesus, more like Jesus and more to Jesus. Without the trust’s financial support many would be unable to participate in Arrow.
To read the participant stories and how Arrow has impacted their leadership go to www.cpas.org.uk/arrow