The John James Charitable Trust was founded over 20 years ago by a Christian businessman from Leeds. His guiding principles were the command in 1 John that Christians are to ‘love one another‘ and the very clear statement in the letter of James that ‘faith without works is dead.‘ The source of these principles also led to the Trust’s name.
The Trust exists to:
- promote education in the Christian faith amongst children and young people
- support people in training for Christan ministry
- relieve poverty and distress created by sudden or unexpected circumstances pursue
- any other charitable purpose consistent with (a) – (c)
In considering applications for funding, the Trustees ask a number of questions:
- Can we make a difference in this situation?
- Is the individual or ministry on the fringes of organised support?
- Can we be an answer to prayer here?
- Is this something we can be involved in sustaining and encouraging over a period of time?
If you think that you, or the ministry organisation you represent, fall within our objects, and can prompt us to answer ‘yes’ to at least one of these questions then we would be delighted to consider your application, so please fill in our application form.
The Trustees meet every two months to consider applications. Their meetings in March and July will focus on Student Applications. Other applications will be considered in the meetings in January, May, September and November.